The Indiana Health Information Management Association (IHIMA) is a non-profit healthcare professional association representing over 2,000-credentialed Hoosiers. IHIMA is an affiliate with American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as a Component State Association. Our purpose is to commit to excellence in the management of health information for the benefit of patients and providers.
- QUALITY – Demonstrated by an abiding commitment to innovation, relevance and value in programs, products and services.
- INTEGRITY – Demonstrated by openness in decision-making, honesty in communication and activity, and ethical practices that earn trust and support collaboration.
- RESPECT – Demonstrated by appreciation of the value of differing perspectives; enjoyable experiences; courteous interaction; and celebration of achievements that advance our common cause.
- LEADERSHIP – Demonstrated by visionary thinking; decisions responsive to membership and mission; and accountability for actions and outcomes.
Our core services to provide our members:
- An Annual Meeting for continuing education, networking and self promotion
- Continuing education programs relating to HIM practice topics that include coding through out the year
- An annual written financial report to members
- Ongoing member communications through our Website, Communities of Practice (CoP), Membership Directory, State and Regional workshops
- Recruitment and Retention activities for members and students
- A legislative and regulatory advocate for Indiana
IHIMA leads the advancement of quality health information through technology and data management to support health and wellness in Indiana.
IHIMA will be the recognized leader advancing health information and informatics in Indiana.
Lead the Industry
- Education in non-traditional sectors
- Build relationships with legislators
- Consumer Engagement
- Build stronger alliances
- Environmental Scanning
Lead the Association
- Leverage KnowledgeConnex technologies to deliver education
- Improve vendor relationships
- Evaluate board structure
- Convert CE only to active membership
Lead the Profession
- Actively engage our members
- Develop our Speaker’s Bureau
- Reality 2016