St. Vincent Health
St. Vincent has an established reputation and tradition in the State of Indiana for providing excellent in patient care through our Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. St. Vincent is a member of Ascension Health, the nation’s largest not-for-profit Catholic Healthcare System.
The EMPI Liaison maintains the integrity of corporate patient demographic data and identifiers which are the key to the electronic transmission of information between hospital and corporate databases. It allows for the accessibility to the patients’ medical records and patient bills. This role reviews reports and accepts phone calls in order to identify, research and resolve potential duplicates in the EMPI.
The essential functions of this position are:
- To review reports of cases with potential errors and potential patient duplicates. The reasons for the failure are analyzed and information is corrected in the financial and other interfaced systems
- To receive and review communication via email or phone from St. Vincent facilities regarding patient demographic and patient registration issues. Determines the most appropriate methodology the resolve the issue, execute the corrections and provides feedback to the facility
- Prepares and send spreadsheets of corrections to St. Vincent hospitals and numerous ancillary departments affected by changes to patient demographics and identifiers
- Prepares statistics of cases merged to reflect each case that required corrections and delineating those databases which were adversely affected by an error residing in that system
- RHIT obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date with Associate’s Degree in HIM or
- RHIA with Bachelor’s Degree in HIM obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- One year experience working in a healthcare setting
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Visit www.stvincent.org and select Careers, Opening
Location is St. Vincent Health, Job ID 173907
Apply Online: http://www.stvincent.org