- This event has passed.
2018 Assembly on Education Symposium/ Faculty Development Institute
July 28 - August 1
Take Advantage of Early Bird Pricing and Save $200!
The Assembly on Education Symposium/Faculty Development Institute (AOE/FDI) is taking place in Indianapolis, IN, July 28–August 1. More than 400 health informatics and information management (HIIM) educators attend AOE/FDI to consider academic topics that transform today’s students into tomorrow’s dynamic healthcare industry leaders.
Watch the video to see why you should attend this year’s meeting!
Save $200 with Early Bird Pricing
AOE/FDI Schedule Highlights
- AHIMA Virtual Lab (VLab) Sessions: Saturday, July 28
- Faculty Development Institute (FDI): Sunday, July 29
- Assembly on Education Symposium (AOE): Monday, July 30–Wednesday, August 1
AHIMA Virtual Lab (VLab) Sessions – Saturday, July 28
Prepare students for the real world with experience in live, commercially-available health information software tools. Attend a VLab session as part of your AOE/FDI experience to learn how to integrate the AHIMA’s VLab tools into your curriculum.
- Attendees will develop strategies for integrating AHIMA’s VLab applications into their HIM Curriculum. Approximately 50% of this session will be hands-on VLab.
- Attendees will develop strategies for further-integrating AHIMA’s VLab applications into their HIM Curriculum. Approximately 90% of this session will be hands-on VLab.
Faculty Development Institute (FDI) – Sunday, July 29
FDI is a one-day jam packed program featuring three tracks for educators to customize their development experience:
FDI Track 1: New Faculty Basics
- This program is designed for the new educator and focuses on key HIM teaching concepts such as: Bloom’s Taxonomy, syllabus preparation, lesson/course planning, assessment and identification of key resources to support the needs of newer educators.
FDI Track 2: Teaching Health Informatics and Professional Development for Educators
- This program will be dedicated to teaching health informatics and the other half of the program dedicated to professional development and resources for educators.
Assembly on Education Symposium (AOE) Monday, July 30–Wednesday, August 1
AOE is a three-day, content-rich program featuring sessions on CAHIIM accreditation preparation, learning strategies, research, and workforce engagement. Visit the AOE exhibit hall to learn about innovative classroom solutions in a hands-on format and network with fellow educators and organizations presenting ideas to help you meet your program goals.