Coding and abstracts in-patient, Emergency Room, Same Day surgery, and Observation medical records of the Deaconess Health System to accurately reflect patient condition and treatments rendered
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Abstracts and codes diagnoses and procedures from health records by using assigned classification systems, standards and following coding conventions as set forth by departmental coding policies.
- Enters information into the computerized abstracting system for use in hospital reimbursement and evaluation of patient care
- Queries the attending physician as necessary to assure thorough documentation to substantiate codes describing the patient’s hospitalization.
- Utilizes health care references to assure that coding is accurate
- Maintains and builds productivity
- Works with CDI staff to decrease days in A/R and accurately capture the ROM/SOI of each patient
- Identifies health records to be reviewed by various hospital and compliant registries and the Performance Improvement Department.
- Complies with the Deaconess Hospital Standards of Employee Conduct
- Assures that the appropriate number of continuing education credits are obtained so that credentials are current
- Continues to develop professionally by increasing knowledge through webinars and review of coding clinics.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
At least one year of experience in hospital coding is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have one or more of the following credentials: Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and/or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
Instructions for Resume Submission
Visit www.Deaconess.com/careers and search Req# 10929
Apply Online: http://www.deaconess.com/careers