IHIMA Certification Exam Scholarship
Due to reaching the number of maximum awards given, applications are no longer being accepted at this time.
Guidelines for the IHIMA Certification Scholarship
Indiana Health Information Management Association (IHIMA) is offering a scholarship award to cover the cost of a member price for taking the RHIT and RHIA exams. This scholarship is being offered in 2013 to use the balance of the IHIMA scholarship funds and may not be an ongoing program. Scholarships will be awarded based meeting the eligibility requirements and on a “first come, first serve” basis, as determined by the postmark date. Applications are accepted until all scholarships are awarded.
- Must be a either a graduate or an exam eligible student in a CAHIIM accredited HIM program.
- The applicant must have taken the RHIA / RHIT exam in 2013 as evidenced by the date of the accompanying score report.
- The applicant must have graduated or will graduate in 2012 or 2013.
- The applicant must be an AHIMA member.
- The applicant must be an Indiana resident.
Terms and Application:
- The applicant must submit a completed application form.
- As part of the online applicaiton, the applicant must submit a copy of their exam score report that indicates the applicant passed the RHIT or RHIA exam in 2013.
- Two (2) RHIA exam scholarships and four (4) RHIT exam scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $229 each.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on receipt of the completed application, submission of the successful score report, and the submission date of the materials.
- The IHIMA Scholarship Committee will be responsible for reviewing the applications received to determine that all eligibility requirements have been met.
- Checks will be made out to each recipient in the amount of an AHIMA member exam price for the appropriate exam.
IHIMA will notify applicants of the review committee’s decision as soon as recipients are selected.
- The name of the award recipients will be announced at the IHIMA Annual Meeting and posted on the IHIMA Website and the IHIMA COP.
If you are interested and have additional questions, please contact Bonnie Aspiazu, JD, MBA, RHIA, IHIMA’s President-Elect at firstname.lastname@example.org or IHIMA’s Central Office at email@example.com.
(Rev. 2/09; 3/13)