IHIMA Certification Exam Scholarship
Guidelines for the IHIMA Certification Scholarship
The Scholarship Award Period is closed for the 2017-2018 term.
Indiana Health Information Management Association (IHIMA) is offering a scholarship award to cover the cost of a member price for taking the RHIT and RHIA exams. This scholarship is being offered in 2017-2018. Scholarships will be awarded based meeting the eligibility requirements and on a “first come, first serve” basis, as determined by the postmark date. Applications are accepted until all scholarships are awarded.
- Must be a either a graduate or an exam eligible student in a CAHIIM accredited HIM program.
- The applicant must have taken the RHIA / RHIT exam in 2017 or 2018 as evidenced by the date of the accompanying score report.
- The applicant must have graduated or will graduate in 2017 or 2018.
- The applicant must be an AHIMA member.
- The applicant must be an Indiana resident.
Terms and Application:
- The applicant must submit a completed application form.
- As part of the online application, the applicant must submit a copy of their exam score report that indicates the applicant passed the RHIT or RHIA exam in 2017 or 2018.
- RHIA exam scholarships and RHIT exam scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $299 each, for a total of six (6) registrants.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on receipt of the completed application, submission of the successful score report, and the submission date of the materials.
- The IHIMA Scholarship Committee will be responsible for reviewing the applications received to determine that all eligibility requirements have been met.
- Checks will be made out to each recipient in the amount of an AHIMA member exam price for the appropriate exam.
IHIMA will notify applicants of the review committee’s decision as soon as recipients are selected.
- The name of the award recipient will be announced at the IHIMA Annual Meeting and posted on the IHIMA Website and the Indiana Engage Community.
(Rev. 2/09; 3/13; 3/18)