Indiana Health Information Management Association (IHIMA) has established a scholarship award to grant recognition and economic assistance to outstanding, deserving students. The number of scholarship awards granted each year and the monetary amount of each scholarship will be determined annually by the Executive Board as recommended by the Strategic Planning Committee.
The deadline for submission is October 31.
Please note that you will have the ability to save the application and return to work on it again at a later time. You will see “save and continue scholarship later” at the top of the online application.
Eligibility Requirements for Undergraduates
- Must be a student in an CAHIIM accredited HIM program.
- The applicant must be an IHIMA member.
- The applicant must be enrolled in an Indiana HIM/HIT program.
- The applicant must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
Eligibility Requirements for Graduates
- The applicant must be a credentialed health information professional, (RHIT or RHIA), and hold a bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must be provisionally accepted or enrolled in an accredited college or university as a full time or part time student. The course of study should be relevant to health information management.
- The applicant must be an active member of IHIMA.
- The applicant must reside or work in the state of Indiana.
- The applicant must have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
Terms and Instructions
- The applicant will use the same application for both scholarships, however, he/she will need to distinguish his/her Level of Class within the application.
- The applicant must submit a completed application form by a postmark/submission date of October 31, 2017.
- The applicant must submit two letters of recommendation from persons not related to the applicant. The reference letters must be from persons who are knowledgeable of the applicant’s character, education, and abilities. These must be submitted by October 31, 2017.
- The applicant must submit with the application all transcripts for credit earned at your present school and any other colleges or universities you have attended. Original transcripts or copies printed from the college or university official system can be submitted. If copies are submitted, they must contain university information. These must be submitted by October 31, 2017.
- The IHIMA Strategic Planning Committee will be responsible for reviewing all applications and making recommendations for selection to the Executive Board. IHIMA is not compelled to select an annual recipient. Consideration is given to academic achievement and health information management experience of the applicant.
- IHIMA will notify applicants of the review committee’s decision prior to the IHIMA Annual Meeting.
- The name of the award recipient will be announced at the IHIMA Annual Meeting and posted on the IHIMA Website and the Indiana Engage Community.