- 2013 IHIMA Release of Information Guide
- AHIMA Advocacy & Public Policy Center
- Federal Register
- Indiana Register
HB 1260: Issuance of Hospital License
Are you familiar with House Bill 1260? If not, there is some good news. Under this bill, beginning January 1, 2019, the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) is required to issue a hospital license to a hospital that has received accreditation by recognized accrediting organizations in lieu of an annual state survey.
The bill also allows the ISDH to investigate complaints against an accredited hospital for substantial noncompliance with accredited standards.
This bill also requires the ISDH:
- To conduct annual surveys for hospital that are not accredited by a recognized accrediting organization
- To conduct random validation surveys on behalf of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services
- To work with recognized accrediting organizations to develop and implement common accrediting organizations to develop and implement common accrediting and licensure standards.
The bill has passed the House of Representatives by a vote of 92-0 and has been referred to the Senate for hearings. Stay tuned for more information to come!
If you want to learn more about this bill and other legislation, check out the Indiana General Assembly website at http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/. Click on “Legislation” and you can search for Bills for Session 2018.